When I first began my MA in Online and Distance Learning, I had no idea of the breadth of information resources available. I have bookmarks across my devices, and can still struggle to find “that website that said that thing that I want to reference now.” My aim is to use this page as live curation of my favourite sources, and make it available to anyone else interested in online learning design and analytics.
- Society for Learning Analytics Research (SoLAR)… A go to resource for me. The annual LAK conference is world renowned and they are doing a great job of building a community of researchers. The Journal of Learning Analytics is openly available, as is the essential Handbook of Learning Analytics (2nd edition). I make a particular effort to attend their online webinars.
- Educause Horizon Report 2021… an annual report into Trends, Key Technologies and Practices, scenarios and implication essays. This is a great source for further reading and inspiring next step thinking.
- David Cormier Blog… I fell in love with the idea of Rhizomatic Learning early on in my MA studies, and have quoted Cormier in many assignments.
- Martin Weller Blog… The EdTechie blog is well established and regularly updated
- OLDaily… A regular blog about topical online learning news, written by Stephen Downes. I subscribe and receive a summary once a week; there’s almost always something relevant to my work.
- Tony Bates Blog... Another regularly updated and topical blog for those interested in online learning, with a huge collection of resources from author Dr Tony Bates.